Monday 24 December 2012

Yaxchillan and the Earth Element



Yaxchillan is such a cool place. It is much smaller than the sites like Tikal or Chchen Itza, but of those who have the eyes to see and the ears to heart and the heart to feel it is an amazing place.

We made the trip up the river in groups of ten in small boats which we navigated expertly by one of the locals. Every now and again he deliberately spin the boat a little out of control; he had to have his fun and it was wonderful to feel that little bit out of control; especially for an Earth Element whose main challenge is to let go of the need to control.

When we reached Yaxchillan we were greeted by the Howler Monkeys, who wailed like a banshee and the faces on some of the group showed fear. The monkeys were challenging us to go beyond our fears. If you have ever heard them you will know what I mean, they are damn loud, but there is a beauty underneath their howling, it is the essence of the monkey and it is almost melodic and touched me very deeply.

After our wonderful welcome we had to move through what we learned later which was called the Labrinth. It was dark, no light at all could enter the Labrinth and the group had to let Geof the need to control and be open to the experience. It was interesting to watch those who were of the Earth Element persuasion as they had the most difficulty letting go of control. For me it was just another teaching in how important it was for the Earth Elements to give up the need to control the situation.

As we wandered through the rest of the site I felt that my own Earth Aspect seemed now to be at peace and I look foward Tikal where I am sure the Element of Fire has more in store for me.

Love to All
Once I finish this trip and reflect on what teachings I am receiving I will share longer and deeper posts, but for now I am in and loving the experience.

Blessings and Peace 
Geof

No comments:

Post a Comment