Thursday 21 March 2013

Connect with the Wisdom of your Higher Self - Part 1




Thirty two years ago, I had chronic fatigue syndrome, and overnight was transformed from a high class athlete and company executive to someone who could barely stay awake more than an hour at a time. Through strange circumstances, I met a teacher who taught me about the Taoist teachings of an old Chinese man. He said that if I  listened intently to the teachings and lived with them, there would be a day when I  would look at someone and truly know them. I would understand instantly their emotional pattern, their health patterns and even know what words to use to communicate to them in their own language (much of which I share in my first book the 33rd Sage).

After three years of studying these techniques, I met an old Chinese sage on a beach in Bali who became my mentor and taught me a deeper understanding of man and the seasons. He would make me sit for hours at a time in the snow or on the beach on a hot summer's day so that I could see how the seasons changed from moment to moment and day to day. By watching the seasons, I gradually came to understand these same cycles within man and mankind.

The old Chinese sage sent me on a quest. The quest was to research the real story of Jesus and the Holy Graal and in the process I discovered more about who I was and  set me on the search for my Higher Self. This quest took me on many adventures across many lands, and although my old Chinese friend is no longer there to guide me, the quest continues. My book 'The 33rd Sage and the Initiate,' is a fictionalized version of that journey. On the cover is a set of stairs which lead up to an open doorway to the light. For me this was representative of the Initiate's journey or the journey to the higher self. It is a journey that anyone can take and a journey where the door is always open. This is not a journey that needs to take place in a mystery school or under the guidance of a guru; in many cases these teachers and teachers can stop you from discovering that to connect with your Higher Self or become the initiate you need to eventually go alone on the inner journey.

The first thing that you need to do is commit to the adventure which is just another word for Initiation. By having the courage to commit to a life where what is around the corner is unknown your next step will appear as if by magic. I say that because every one of us has a different and individual path to connect with the wisdom of our Higher Self. In these writings I will share some of the steps that I have taken on my journey, but remember they are not your steps; you may find that your journey will take you in a completely different direction.

If you feel attracted to some of the steps I share, then work with them but engage with them in your own way. All the time checking in with your feelings to decide whether it is right for you. When I use the term feelings I am not talking about emotion; emotion is  the reaction to where we put our focused attention. When I talk about feeling I mean the energy that is expressed by all things. Everything in the universe, whether it be human, animal, mineral or even a situation gives off a feeling tone. When you come into any situation where you are not sure, simply go into your feeling centre and see what feeling arises in you. If you have a strong positive feeling move forward. When you have a strong negative feeling withdraw and in the case of a feeling that is neither positive or negative, stay where you are and wait for more information. Generally in these cases it is because  you do not have all the information, so just wait and if you are open to it the information generally appears.

This information or guidance from the Higher Self can take many different forms. In the early stage when we are not really open to the words, feelings and pictures from our Higher Self, much of this guidance can come from something in the world outside ourselves. Things such as a book that falls of a shelf; the sign on a bus driving past or the words of a stranger. There are an infinite number of ways that the information can come to us.

The key is to be open to the information when it presents itself. In the early stage of your journey you will miss much of the information from the Higher Self because of the influence of your ego/subconscious mind and you will misinterpret what you have seen heard or felt. Don't lose heart, it is like learning any new skill, it takes time.
If you are not already I would suggest that you meditate each day. I can hear many of you now but I can't meditate, I cannot focus on my breath and anyone of a million excuses. Whatever you think of meditation it is important for your physical and spiritual health. I am not expecting you to be as good as a Buddhist monk. All I want you to do is meditate or just relax for 24 minutes per day. Listen to the sounds of nature or classical music, it does not matter, what you are trying to achieve is to slow down the brain to work at a lower range. I will explain all the details for the intellectuals in another blog.
For now, all I want you to do is find a place where you won't be interrupted and take 24 minutes of relaxation. If you can do it in nature or before sunrise that is even better. By relaxing in the early morning you set up a calmness that can continue throughout your day.

If anything happens in your meditation or you get a great insight, thank your Higher Self and go back into the relaxation.

For those who are already great meditators take a step back and do it as if it is your first time. Some of us get so caught up in the mechanics of meditation that we do not live in the moment.

Enough of me for now. In the next post we will look at some exercises to increase your awareness and connect to the Godforce which exists around all of us.

Blessings and Peace.

Any questions leave them in the comment box.

Geof


*************

The 33rd Sage and the 33rd Sage and the Initiate are available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Book Depository, Watersons, Xlibris and a number of online book stores.

The Way of the Initiate will be published mid 2013

Twitter @GeofSpalding
Official Author Blog - the33rdsage.authorsxpress.com/
Translatable Author Blog - 33rdsage.blogspot.com.au/
Book Websites 'The 33rd Sage,' at www.33rdsage.com
'The 33rd Sage and the Initiate,' at www.the33rdsage.com


No comments:

Post a Comment